Healthy Eye Tips
Eye care and early detection of poor vision are always important. Please read the below healthy eye tips and share them with all your friends and family. These tips will help protect your vision and keep your eyes as healthy as possible.
- always wear sunglasses outdoors
- stop smoking
- eat a balanced diet, especially fruits and vegetables rich in lutein and zeaxanthin and foods high in omega-3 fatty acids
- keep your blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar within healthy limits
- limit alcohol beverages (which dehydrate your body, including your eyes)
- maintain a healthy weight
- reduce eye strain by:
- using antireflective coatings on computer screens and glasses
- working and reading in well-lit rooms
- always wear appropriate eye protection when playing sports, mowing the lawn, working with tools, using household chemicals, etc.
- keep regular appointments with your ophthalmologist to monitor your general eye health