Spark Therapeutics today announced positive top-line results from a Phase 3 pivotal trial of SPK-RPE65, an investigational gene therapy product for the treatment of RPE65-mediated inherited retinal dystrophies (IRDs). This research was funded in part by the Foundation Fighting Blindness, the world’s largest private funder of early, translational and clinical-stage research for blinding retinal diseases.
Research to save and restore vision for people with Usher syndrome is receiving a significant boost, thanks to a three-year, $450,000 grant awarded to the Foundation Fighting Blindness by the Marjorie C. Adams Charitable Trust. The funds will be used to support the Foundation’s diverse portfolio of Usher syndrome-related projects, including emerging gene therapies, stem-cell treatments and pharmaceuticals.
The Foundation Fighting Blindness has appointed Valerie Navy-Daniels as chief development officer
No other retinal condition affects more people in developed countries than the dry form of age-related macular degeneration (AMD). Of the estimated 30 million people in the world with AMD, approximately 90 percent have dry — the other 10 percent have the wet form.
Miranda BakerFort Worth, TX
Welcome to the Westchester-Fairfield Chapter of the Foundation Fighting Blindness, serving communities in New York and Connecticut! We would love to have you become part of our Chapter and help us to grow our community support and outreach to visually impaired people and their families. Whether you are newly diagnosed or been living with visual challenges for a long time, we are here for you!