Utah Chapter Highlights
What is the Utah Chapter?
We are members of the Utah Chapter of the Foundation Fighting Blindness. We are a group of volunteers who have a retinal degenerative disease. We are here to provide you with support and to share information about the progress being made towards treatments and cures.
About the Utah Chapter:
- We have volunteers who would be happy to talk with you about living with a retinal degenerative disease.
- We meet 4-5 times a year to share the Foundation’s information on retinal degenerative diseases, current treatments, genetic testing, scientific research updates, local services for the blind and visually impaired, support and encouragement. In addition, we need your input on how we can help you stay independent.
- The urgent mission of the Foundation Fighting Blindness is to drive the research that will provide preventions, treatments and cures for people affected by Retinitis Pigmentosa, Macular Degeneration, Usher Syndrome, and the entire spectrum of retinal degenerative diseases.
- To support the Foundation’s mission, we host local fundraising events and support the annual Utah VisionWalk that takes place in June each year.
- We want to grow, but we need more leadership to do this.
- To join the support group, please contact us!
Contact Us if you are interested in learning more about the Foundation Fighting Blindness, how the local Utah Chapter can assist you, or how you can become involved!
Jim Huber, Chapter President
650-743-7663 or Utah@FightBlindness.org
Shelly Bajorek, Chapter Development, Western Regional Office