Southwest Florida Chapter Leadership
Chapter leaders are individuals who are passionate about the Foundation Fighting Blindness’ mission to drive the research to find preventions, treatments and cures for inherited retinal degenerative diseases. Below are the recommended leadership positions and there are many opportunities for individuals to volunteer to help chapter leaders.
- President – helps recruit, motivate, and encourages chapter leaders and potential volunteers to take on roles within the chapter, fundraise and be the primary point of contact with FFB staff member
- Vice President, Fundraising – promotes fundraising and with the FFB staff member provides guidance on available resources and best practices for fundraising
- Outreach and Education Committee Chair – builds relationships with eye professionals, blind service agencies, adaptive technology companies, etc. and assists with the planning of educational speaker series meetings
- Membership Committee Chair - makes introductory and follow-up calls to those interested in learning more about FFB and potentially becoming a chapter leader or volunteer
- Communication Committee Chair – reviews chapter web page for updates, sends and follows up with media outlets for press releases and PSAs and posts on social media and provides ideas for featuring volunteers