Raleigh-Durham Chapter Highlights
Check out our recent Video's
In October 2014, the Raleigh Durham chapter was honored to be featured on MyRDC’s Community Matters program. FFB’s Dr. Timothly Schoen was interviewed and shared information about Age Related Macular Degeneration and other retinal degenerative diseases. He was joined by Teresa, the Regeneron AMD Ambassador who shared her story living with AMD. Kensi Mangum, Associate Events Manager, discussed exciting opportunities in the Raleigh Durham Chapter to connect with others and participate in upcoming events and socials.
The Raleigh-Durham Chapter leadership believe that a cure is in sight and are committed to doing everything possible to make research happen faster!
Motivated by our successful accomplishments, the Raleigh-Durham Chapter leadership continues to focus on fundraising and outreach. Committed to reaching this goal, our group agreed to focus their efforts on the following areas:
- Grow VisionWalk Committee
- Expand Outreach through the Partners for Retinal Health Program
- Increase Community Outreach
- Expand the Chapter’s Online Presence
We all agree that it is all about reaching out to people. As a leadership team, our focus for the future will be personal involvement, fundraising and making connections and engaging people.
- Reaching out to individuals who have contacted the Foundation Fighting Blindness for information and make the connection to our local chapter and local events. Informing those affected by a retinal degenerative disease that there are other people in their local area facing the same situation.
- Reaching out to those who attend our chapter meetings by providing support, friendship, and an opportunity to connect with others affected by retinal degenerative diseases in an educational, social and supportive environment.
- Reaching out to local retinal specialist practices to build a relationship with doctors and their patients through the Partners for Retinal Health program. Providing doctors with important information and resources available to patients who have been recently diagnosed and making the connection with the Foundation Fighting Blindness and the local chapter.
- Reaching out to our family, friends and personal contacts to support our individual fundraising goals or join us in supporting and attending local fundraising events. Promoting the Foundation Fighting Blindness and its mission to anyone we have a personal or professional relationship with in an effort to raise awareness and gain support.
- Reaching out to the community by raising awareness, providing information and educating community leaders on the urgent mission of the Foundation Fighting Blindness to provide preventions, treatments and cures for people affected by retinal disease.
- Building on the theme, It’s All About People and in an effort to further reach out to others in the community, individual chapter leaders have begun planning to host informal coffee socials in neighborhood locations across the Raleigh-Durham area.
- Coffee socials provide a comfortable, informal environment for people to share thoughts, experiences, encouragement and advice. It fosters friendship and offers people the opportunity to get to know each other and chapter leadership on a more personal level.
- We have a terrific group of people that give their time and talents to support the Foundation Fighting Blindness and reach out to members in the Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina area. The Raleigh-Durham Chapter leaders have come to know one another and have become good friends. We welcome new chapter leaders, members and volunteers to join us in our efforts to fight blindness.
For more information on the Raleigh-Durham Chapter, please contact the Southern Regional Office at (919) 781-8014.