The Foundation Fighting Blindness is the largest nongovernmental foundation supporting retinal disease research in the world. Over the past four decades, FFB expanded its influence by raising more than $600 million to fund thousands of research studies at prominent institutions worldwide, attracting and investing in the first generation of clinicians and scientists focused on retinal disease research. We are headquartered in Columbia, MD with regional offices in New York NY, Chicago IL, Raleigh NC and Santa Monica CA.
We are seeking a dynamic, experienced and organized EVENTS ASSISTANT to be part of our team, based in Columbia, MD. The ideal candidate will provide support for annual events in the region including walks, wine tastings, golf tournaments, and volunteer led events.
- Provide day-to-day event support for Events Managers, including database entry and office support.
- Draft event correspondence, gift acknowledgments, corporate proposals, website copy, printed materials, and auction solicitations.
- Coordinate schedules and meetings among Event Committee members and staff.
- Manage invitation responses, donations, guest lists and mailing lists.
- Develop and design promotional materials such as invitations, advertisements, posters and presentations.
- Research prospective event locations and funding resources, such as corporate, foundation and individual sponsors.
- Negotiate contracts with outside vendors, and maintain invoices and expenses based on FFB accounting procedures.
- Provide day of event support, including evening and weekend events, and minimal travel. Knowledge of Walk events highly desirable.
- Solicit in-kind donations, auction items, and other services as needed.
- Maintain excellent customer service and support with all volunteers, FFB Board Members and National Trustees, donors and event attendees.
- 5+ years experience as an assistant - non-profit experienced preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Strong knowledge of relational databases
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to multitask
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Possess valid driver’s license with driving record acceptable to FFB insurance carrier
- Some overtime is required as well as occasional travel
Please send resume with salary requirements to HR@fightblindness.org. Please note - RESUMES WITHOUT SALARY REQUIREMENT STATED MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a terrific team to work with! FFB is an equal opportunity employer.