Events Administrative Assistant
The Foundation Fighting Blindness is the largest nongovernmental supporter of retinal research in the world. Our mission is dedicated to finding preventions, treatments, and cures for people affected by inherited retinal diseases.
We are an extraordinary organization. The Foundation has raised over $500 million used to fund thousands of research studies at prominent institutions worldwide.
We are actively recruiting an Events Administrative Assistant for our New York City office. The ideal candidate will provide administrative support for annual events in the region.
- Provide day-to-day event support for Events Managers, including database entry and office support.
- Will assist Development Director, as needed
- Draft event correspondence, gift acknowledgments, corporate proposals, website copy, printed materials, and auction solicitations.
- Coordinate schedules and meetings among Committee members and staff.
- Manage invitation responses, donations, guest lists and mailing lists.
- Research prospective event locations and funding resources, such as corporate, foundation and individual sponsors.
- Negotiate contracts with outside vendors, and maintain invoices and expenses based on FFB accounting procedures.
- Provide day of event support, including evening and weekend events, and minimal travel. Knowledge of Walk events highly desirable.
- Solicit in-kind donations, auction items, and other services as needed.
- Maintain excellent customer service and support with all volunteers, FFB Board Members and National Trustees, donors and event attendees.
The successful candidate will possess:
- 5+ years experience as an administrative assistant - non-profit experienced preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Very Strong knowledge of relational databases
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to multitask
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Possess valid driver’s license with driving record acceptable to FFB insurance carrier
- Some overtime and occasional travel are required
Please send resume with salary requirements to HR@fightblindness.org. Please note - RESUMES WITHOUT SALARY REQUIREMENT STATED MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a terrific team to work with! FFB is an equal opportunity employer .